goRadio.Live started as a concept called Geelong Online Radio in the middle of July 2018.
Local business Untypical Thinking has been involved in community broadcasting for over ten years and felt that the time was right to launch an online station, featuring the very best music recorded during the past 60 or 70 years.
Yes, there are already radio stations that focus their attention on the so-called classic hits but we see a couple of flaws in their offering:
- They tend to play the same limited collection of music, meaning that we hear the cliched hits of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s when so much from that era remains ignored.
- Those stations are still, typically, personality-focused and funded by copious commercial agreements. This translates to maybe 30 minutes of music every hour when, often, all you want to do is listen to some fantastic music.
So, here is our commitment to you, dear listener:
- We will unashamedly select the best music from our chosen era.
- We will develop programs that provide the music with minimal interruption.
- For many hours of the day, you won’t hear any announcers – just great music and the occasional station ID.
- As we develop our sponsorship model, we will limit the amount of advertising that we broadcast to a couple of minutes per hour during music programs. This may vary during live events depending upon sponsorship arrangements.
- We will let the music play through until the end – no cross fades, no announcers talking over the start and end of tracks.
We think that you are going to love goRadio.Live – we hope you do. Tell your friends. Follow us on social media. Send us a text or email. Whatever you do, though, keep listening to the music!